BENEFITS OF RESIDENTIAL SOLAR
How Much Money Will I Save On Electricity Bills With Solar Power?
The average Australian house consumes around 18kWh per day so the size solar system you choose will depend on if you want to partially offset your energy consumption or completely offset your household''s electricity use.
How Much Power Do Solar Panels Generate?
Typically most common household solar panel systems are either 1 kilowatt (kW) or 1.5kW. The table below shows the average daily solar energy production of some common grid-connected systems throughout Australia.
Average Daily Solar Energy Production
|City||1kW system||1.5kW system||2.0kW system||3.0kW system||4.0 kW system|
Data Source: PV-GC spread sheet based on the CEC Design Guidelines.
Solutions For Reducing Your Residential Electricity Bill
- Install a CMS solar power system to reduce the amount of electricity your household needs to draw from the grid.
- In conjunction with your solar system, delay appliances such as washing machines to run during the middle of the day.
- Install energy efficient light globes, especially for down light fixtures.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Seal gaps around windows and doors to reduce cold air flow.
- Set your electric heating to less than 20°C.
- Set your electric cooling to no less than 26°C.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Dry your clothes on a clothesline rather than using a dryer.
- Switch off appliances at the power point.
- Install high energy efficient rated appliances.